Zero 1 Synth
Kontakt Version Required:
4.2.4 Full Version (Not for Kontakt Player) - learn more
Product Version: 1.02
Mangled Tape CS01 Monosynth
Zero-1 is in essence a single oscillator virtual analog synthesizer (VA) loosely based on the CS01 monosynth which was released in 1982 as an affordable entry into the world of analog synthesis… but with a twist! Rather than simply sample the basic DCO oscillators from the original instrument I thought it might be more interesting to first pass them through a tube overdrive and Watkins Copicat tape delay.
Mangling the raw oscillators in this manner injected a significant amount of character and movement to the original waveforms – even the splice in the tape loop adds something! Five oscillators were multi-sampled in 24-bits in this manner: triangle, sawtooth, 50% square, 25% square and PWM.
– The Zero-1 Synth for Kontakt
– 50 24-bit tube & tape waveshaped oscillator samples
– 40 editable example instrument patches with ability to save
– 10 example layered multi patches
– User Guide
– The Zero-1 Synth requires Kontakt version 4.2.4 or higher (Full version - Not Kontakt Player)
– Around 60Mb Free Hard Disk Space
Switchable Filter Emulations
One unique feature of the Zero-1 is the ability to switch between a Mk I and Mk II CS01 filter emulation. This selects either a 12dB/oct or 24dB/oct filter and changes the livery of the control panel to match the original variants – a flash of genius by Stephen Howell at Hollow Sun!