Electric Motors is a collection of 148 recordings of small and large motors performing various activities, including rotations, general movement, pulses, speed changes and more.
The collection is divided into 10 folders, according to the sound type:
- Changing: 8 (Moderating from one speed or position to another)
- Cooling: 3 (Slowing down and cooling after being deactivated)
- Function: 5 (Various multi speed movements)
- Long: 21 (Long sustained single movements)
- Medium: 20 (Short and medium length single movements)
- Part: 8 (Functioning singles machine parts, isolated from the main unit)
- Pulse Multiple: 31 (Multiple energy pulses)
- Pulse Single: 29 (Single energy pulses)
- Rotator: 15 (Rotating sounds)
- Unstable: 8 (Broken and unstable motors)
All sounds recorded and edited at 24-bit / 96kHz, with embedded meta data and accompanying spreadsheet.